Monday, September 07, 2009

Some Favorite Conversations (I want to remember)

"Man, this ketchup is bad. It's like it's gone rancid or something..."
"...that's cocktail sauce. It came with your fried fish."
(embarassed silence)


"So what's new?"
"Breaking news! This just in! My affection for you is at an all-time high!"


A young man, speaking with an adult acquaintance about the acquaintance's brother, "Say, aren't you two brothers?"
"You could say we are . . . distant relations."
"Someday I hope I'm distantly related to my brother, too."


"Thursday, we are going to the cannery on assignment for the church."
"What? I don't want to do canning!"
"Actually, you won't be canning, you are too young, you'll be labeling."
"What? But I want to do canning!"

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

You make me laugh, almost always. Good to document these. Funny that they are real life!!!!

Emmalyn said...

I talked to Bro Walker today! He definitely remembers your paper and your work. He asked if I was as smart as my Dad. I said I hope!

He thought he still had your psalm and might pull it out when we go over it.

Class was FANTASTIC today- so so good.

I told him I wished you would write more! I always like reading your words.