Sunday, June 05, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

For my Dad's birthday, he treated himself to an outing on the Chesapeake Bay, fishing for striped bass with his Grandkids. I just got to tag along.

Roxie Jane tied for the biggest fish caught. She was exhausted after reeling it in.


Suzanna was great about working, sharing, and very enthusiastic. She caught her portion!


Here is Sam with the other bug "bubba" fish.


Max kept his jacket on all day, even though it got really warm. He would wake up, come reel in his fish, and go right back to sleep below deck.


We're excited for fresh fish for dinner!

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Those are huge fish! Makes me want to buy fish from the conch shell men.

Jennilyn said...

And they are delicious! I baked one of the big bubbas with lemon juice, a little bit of buttermilk, salt, pepper, and a leek leftover from a Suzu cooking experiment. Covered with foil, 325 oven. Wonderful eating. I stayed home to go to a funeral (conducted music) and a baptism (less active mom needed the support) so I missed the trip, but enjoyed the benefits.