Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday!


My youngest son turned 10 two weeks ago. For his birthday, my parents sent us to Hershey Park! Thanks for having a birthday, son!

How cool are we in our matching shirts?  Easy to look for us in a crowd!Hershey Park has this new thing; I noticed the music they have piped is locale- and ride-specific. “Riding the Storm Out,” “Born to Run” playing in the queue for Storm Runner, “Candyman” “Sugar, Sugar” and “Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch” playing at the entrance to Chocolate World. I wish I’d noticed earlier in the day, so I could have paid attention to the theme music on The Great Bear. ~Ah put a chain around my neck, lead me anywhere. Oh let me be your Teddy Bear.~


Then, the day after his birthday, Grandpa took him go-carting! He's wanted to drive a go-cart ever since he saw one of his older brothers flip one at his Uncle's house last year. So driving on this closed track seemed like a safer "first" time.

It is great to be his Dad, and not just for the chance to go to amusement parks and ride go-carts with him. His happy smile, incredible curiosity, strong testimony, make him a joy. Thanks for being in my family!

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

Hey! Love your blog! Write some more! I check here everyday waiting to read more wise words. You are a great writer, and I know you have more stories to tell your audience. Your fans! XO