Sunday, March 03, 2013

Possibly the Worst Thing I Have Ever Cooked

Have you ever been to an event, like a State Fair, where they have a booth that fries everything?  Like Fried Snickers Bars, or Twinkies?

This isn't *quite* that bad.

On most Friday mornings, a Seminary parent will bring treats for the students. Sometimes, when there are leftovers, the Landbecks have them for dinner.  Friday, there were four glazed donuts left.  Hmm, what can I do with glazed donuts?



Fry an egg in them, of course.

First, I had to tear the center a little bigger so the yolk would fit neatly inside.  When I make egg-toast, I butter the bread, but the donuts were too sugary to spread butter on.

So I just dropped a small dollop of butter into the frying pan, and the put the donut, unglazed-side down, in the bubbling butter.

The sugar caramelized a little, so it was almost like having candied french toast.


Decadent, but a fun way to eat left-overs.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I wonder how would it have been different if you had cut the doughnut in half first,like you'd cut a bagel. It's hard for me to imagine how the egg would be sufficiently cooked. I guess I'm not a fan of raw-ish eggs. But that is a very interesting idea.

Emmalyn said...

Those fired candy mars are awesome! My favorite is a fried mars bar (a british candy bar kinda like a milky way)... yum yum yum

And also so awful!