Sunday, August 17, 2014

Two Photos from Bear Lake

There is nothing in the whole world as satisfying as putting a fussy baby to sleep.  I know, I *remember* the fatigue of caring for infants from when my children were small.  But boy, do I feel nostalgic for it.  This photo was from one of my personal highlights at the Bear Lake reunion, getting grumpy Evan Babcock to relax and doze.  I put my hat on him, and sat down with my back to sun so he wouldn't get sunburned.  Thanks Mike and Sarah for letting me flex my Grandpa muscles!



A huge success!  This was the 2-liter bottle rocket launcher the Smiths brought, and a great action shot by Jen Babcock of Roxie Jane launcher her rocket. I'm getting one for Christmas!

4 comments:

Emmalyn said...

Two fantastic photos! That was such a wonderful family gathering! You are so great with kids! So glad you are our dad! It was a sweet rocket launcher!

Jane Babcock said...

Watching you and Evan was a highlight for me too.

Deb said...

Brings back great memories. Thank you.

BobandLu said...

You've always had great kid skills. We have benefitted from them more than once!