Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day! Mothers Day!

My Mom with her Sisters Jackie and Candy.



My Dad with his Mom (Billie), her Mom (Me-maw), and *her* Mom (Maudie)


Mom playing cards with Grandpa Stewart, Uncle Ron, and Dad

Mom, standing behind her Dad (Howard), sitting next to her Mom and two sisters

Mom and Dad in Billie's place, looking very '60s.

Mom and Dad.  That looks more '70s.

Mom holding me!

Mom holding me a few months earlier!

As I have grown older, as a person and a parent, I've come to realize how much we become our own person.  Our environment, our genes, our family and friends all influence us.  But we choose who we are, and often those choices can be seen as embracing our family/environment, or as rejecting it.

But we grow up feeling loved because of our mothers.  Our Moms made us, literally.  Then, with all their mortal burden, they loved us.  I am grateful everyday for the Mothers that have led to me.  I'm grateful I felt loved, and grateful for the Moms who keep trying, every day, to make family.

I love you Mom, happy Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Incredibly cool pictures. Beautiful moms. Thank you for this post.

Jennilyn said...

Love the history. Your parents rock, especially those boots and sideburns on Gpa John! LOVE Gma Sandy's back-combed bobs!

Emmalyn said...

These are amazing pictures!!!! Love them.