Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Harp Recital

Suzanna had a harp recital on Sunday that was awesome. I got a little silly with the camera, and apparently elicited like responses from the family.



Suzanna was eager for her performance to begin so I would leave her alone.


Roxie Jane started out happy and perky.


But she got tired of the perkiness and sought comfort.

Jenni was teasing Max and I about how our grumpy faces look the same. We were trying to look silly here, but I think the effect is scary; for both of us.

Grandpa let us see that it is actually our genetic destiny.

Grandma Sandy is still ready to campaign!

Jennilyn is politely warning me to knock it off soon...

Sam is glad he's sitting in the back row.

Stewart seems to be trying to use his brain to make me leave him alone.

It was a beautiful setting, with a valley below us and the leaves turning colors. When I can find a way to reduce the size of the video files I took of her performing, I will upload those as well.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Great pictures. Made me laugh out loud. Can't wait to hear it too!

Alice said...

I'm liking the generic grumpy faces!!!!!

Jennilyn said...

Ahh, so glad you are a blogging husband! Good to show Emma what really happens!

Emmalyn said...

I loved the pictures!!

Real faces : )

Jane Babcock said...

Wow, Suzu has a big harp! I think that's the first time I've seen it.
I hope you can send us the performance videos.
Love, Dad/Grandpa Ken