Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snowpocalypse '10, part 2



Deb and Roger, you are officially still allowed to tease us about our supposed rough winter. Everyone else, time to humbly acknowledge that Holy Smoke, the Landbecks got hammered this year. Please note that his chart was from February 8th, so does not take into account the 8-15 inches that fell in the past two days.

Please note also the normal yearly average. We have more than five times our normal snowfall so far this year.

And there are still four or five weeks of possible snowfall left! Syracuse, we are coming for you next!

Max helped me dig our front walkway out to the street.

Next, we have to dig out our mailbox. The mail won't get delivered unless the truck can pull to the curb. I've seen a lot of mailboxes that got crushed or knocked off of their posts by the plows clearing snow.

This is one of our neighbors, kindly helping remove some of the snow with his blower. "I've got it, I might as well use it!" I am glad to dig out his mailbox with ours, it's the least I can do.

Cousin Marc came over to have a snow battle with us. Max very gamely played along.

School has already been cancelled for tomorrow. There is just so much snow to move, and nowhere for it all to go I guess. We will gamely enjoy what is turning out to be a second Christmas Vacation.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Yes, we've had a lot of snow, but not all at once like you've been getting. And we have awesome plows so the roads are nearly always salted and clear. Snow is expected here. Most of the time, nothing gets cancelled. This has felt like a super mild winter for us.

I am impressed by your snow fall. And a little jealous. I don't mind it as long as I don't have to drive in it or worry about my family driving in it.

Emmalyn said...

I thought that was Sam in that first picture. I know you got a lot of snow... but holy smokes! That's a LOT of snow