Thursday, January 27, 2011

Training Days, Snow Days

I am in Philadelphia for the week, training for my third part-time job. This one will be with the US Census.

Did you know they do surveying and statistics gathering the other nine years of the decade? That's me now!

I thought it was pretty nifty that I was here during the snow storm that hit this week. They've put me in a hotel about 7 blocks from the office, so I can walk that far with no problems.



Until today, when the office was closed. Everything is closed.

:(

So I am in my room, doing self-study and combuter-based training on my US Census-issued laptop. There's been so much snow, the hotel's TV isn't working, so I can't even do that.

Can still use my computer, though!

Jennilyn came up with me the first day, and strongly recommended I go exploring. I found an elephant!

3 comments:

Emmalyn said...

Cool elephant!

Jennilyn said...

I do remember that elephant--didn't take a picture because of the lousy lighting, but remember thinking of Emma! Glad you caught it. Stay warm & safe. Kids shoveling where I left off...

Jane Babcock said...

We saw the New York snow on a TV last night. Made me wonder about Maryland and Virginia. Stay warm all.