Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Joseph!


"[The Prophet Joseph Smith] loved learning. He loved knowledge for its righteous power. Through the tribulations which had surrounded him from the day when first he made known to a skeptical world his communion with the heavens, he had been ever advancing in the acquisition of intelligence. The Lord had commanded him to study, and he was obeying. … His mind, quickened by the Holy Spirit, grasped with readiness all true principles, and one by one he mastered these branches and became in them a teacher."

--George Q. Cannon

This inspired me Sunday. What knowledge am I pursuing? Do I love the getting of wisdom? There is more to learn than there is time to study, of this I am certain. Surely the Lord will guide our pursuits, if we seek his input.

So, resolved; I will seek more earnestly to know how I should spend my time in learning.

No comments: