Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Mrs. Landbeck!



What words exist to capture how much good a single person can do with her life?

Mrs. L was born this day. I met her about nineteen years later. She has made me happy all my days since. I am thankful for her grace, beauty, wit, intelligence, and spirit. Her faith has given me strength. With her life and might, she has given me a family. Her standards move me to strive to be a better person, a better man and father. Her artistry and industry have made my home, my life beautiful.

If I spent all my life looking up adjectives in the thesaurus to describe how good she is and how happy she's made me, it would be insufficient. I knew when I met her that she was amazing, and that opinion has only deepened in certainty in the years since.

I love you, dear. Happy Birthday!



My only regret is I wish I'd met you sooner!

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

If you had met me sooner--you would know these yellow painter paints too well! They are long gone and buried. My happy pants. Thanks for the sweet tribute. Fun to see formative year photos. Wish I had known to value youth and vigor then and not worry about imagined ugly parts...