Saturday, December 05, 2009

This is What "Win" Looks Like...



Our camera only records for 30 seconds, so you can see everything right up to the point where Stewart pins his opponent. Methodical, strong, and relentless. The whistle right in the middle is from a match on a nearby mat

Sorry for losing the action for a few seconds. I was watching pretty intensely.



Right after the referee slapped the mat, indicating Stewart had won the match by pinning his opponent. Stewart reached over and offered his opponent a hand up.

Woot!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Wow, that's intense. Way to go Stewart!

Jennilyn said...

Intense is right! I had never seen a wrestling match before last year, and I get very emotionally involved, watching the action. Cheers erupting without me thinking. I'm a crazy screaming parent when he wins! Then I sit down again. What amazes me is that Stewart remembers everything he has been told, and he is really good at listening to his coaches during the match. We hear them say something specific, and then he immediately does it. Interesting that obedience in a sport gains immediate results. Good coaching going on in this clip, too. It matters if you are good at something to teach/coach the next generation.

Jane Babcock said...

Way to go, Stewart! Fast moves.
(It always surprised me when I pined anybody.) Love, Grandpa Ken