Friday, May 07, 2010

Fathers and Sons

Dude! Check out that cabin. I wonder if there's anything insi-AUGH!WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT!

So we went on the Father's and Sons campout last weekend. The map said a bathroom was behind the Nature center, but what was there was a primitive cabin instead. When I stuck my head through a window, I was greeted by a horrible screeching, a creature of enormous size jumping at my head, and the impression of great filth. A Buzzard had made it's "nest" inside the cabin! You can see the egg on the floor in the first picture (and can see Momma jumping through one of the windows, too).

As it always is; kids party, Dad sleeps. Dad drives, kids sleep.

2 comments:

Jennilyn said...

I saw these picts on the camera and couldn't figure out why you took them--the story helps! Hadn't noticed the bird leaving the window--I was just looking at the floorboards. Ewwww.

landbeck said...

Yeah, Buzzards don't seem to be the best of housekeepers. Or housemakers; the "nest" for her egg is just one corner of the cabin!

No wonder Buzzards are so cranky.