Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Today's Court Thought; Seriously, If You Ever Are Interviewed by the Police . . .

...whether you did anything or not, have a lawyer present.

I've gotten pretty good part-time work pulling court papers. The following excerpt is from a police report in State v. Anthony Derek Stewart, Baltimore Circuit Court Case 03-K-08-001281. The report was drafted by Sergeant Jay Landsman of the Baltimore County Police Department;

During this interview, I explained to Suspect Anthony Derek Stewart that I was currently investigating a home invasion robbery that occurred at 6 Carleon Court Pikesville, MD 21208. I further explained what happened during the course of the home invasion robbery when he replied that on that date he was seeing Probation Officer Shannon Mick at Northwest Precinct in Baltimore City. He then stated that after he left his probation officer, he went to an auto collision shop on Wabash ave in Baltimore City.

I asked suspect Anthony Derek Stewart how he knew that that is where he was when I did not mention the date of the home invasion robbery. He replied that it was on whatever day the home invasion robbery occurred. I asked him to tell me what day of the week it was, when he replied, "On a Monday". I advised Anthony Derek Smart that the home invasion robbery occurred on a Thursday, when he became quiet.



"I don't know. Crime makes you stupid?"

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

I miss Andre's excellent detective work! Horrible funny real life post. Thanks for working hard and finding humor along the way to keep me smiling!