Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Book of Mormon Stories Chapter 9

1 Nephi 9

2 And now, as I have spoken concerning these plates, behold they are not the plates upon which I make a full account of the history of my people; for the plates upon which I make a full account of my people I have given the name of Nephi; wherefore, they are called the plates of Nephi, after mine own name; and these plates also are called the plates of Nephi.
Have you ever made a full account of anything? An event, a feeling, your testimony?


3 Nevertheless, I have received a commandment of the Lord that I should make these plates, for the special purpose that there should be an account engraven of the ministry of my people.
Think about the things you've ever been asked to do; do you feel like there is a special purpose in your life? We do. You cannot know all the future outcomes of what you do now. Trust the Lord, follow his instructions.


5 Wherefore, the Lord hath commanded me to make these plates for a wise purpose in him, which purpose I know not.
6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen.
Do you trust the Lord? How can he know all things from the beginning, and we still have agency? Do you believe the Lord "prepareth a way"?
Consider that Nephi didn't know why the Lord wanted him doing what he was doing; do you always know exactly why you're asked to do things? Have we earned your trust by now?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are posting these--at least the questions. Wishing you had all the comments we make, too. You are a good teacher. Good question-asker.