Monday, July 20, 2009

Youth Conference, Kirtland Ohio, 2009

Every time I think about the fun we had at Youth Conference, my heart is full. It was a wonderful time with my own children, as well as the youth from our ward. If the formatting of the pictures and comments are off...treat it like a game! Match the comment!

Getting ready to leave the Stake Center parking lot.

The evening of our first day, we met on the Johnson farm and heard a great lecture on the importance of Kirtland in church History.



There was a great dance later that night.
Once it got to be bed time, the boys were supposed to "keep their feet on the floor".

Chaperones had to stay up late and watch the halls.


Emma Smith's favorite china patten. I thought it was a tender detail amidst so much of the history focusing on the profound spirituality and persecution of the Saints' history in this town.

On the grounds of the Kirtland Temple.
Our bus practiced singing "All Creatures of Our God and King" on the way to the testimony meeting Thursday night.

It was nice to hug the kids on the steps of the temple. Amazing to sing hymns in the temple itself, to hear my children bear testimonies where the Prophet had testified.
I was delighted to see examples of early pioneer decoration; "feather painting" was in evidence all over the Johnson farmhouse.

The boys stick-wrestling.

By lunchtime, the kids were pretty dazed.


Stewart helped make me a cup to pour my soda over ice, using an empty water bottle and a soda can tab.

Then he played ping pong with Max.








There are more photos in a facebook gallery.

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

I am so glad you were able to go. Nice to see your documented stories about your adventures. Keep writing and sharing your stuff!