Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our Youngest's Birthday and Baptism

When you have a million things to blog (you are behind because you've been busy and away), where do you start? I'm going with the most recent first, and then working backwards.

Sunday was a gorgeous day.
I love this picture my wife took. It captures so much about the morning that was just perfect. The river was comletely calm, crystal-see-through. There were no fishers that morning, it felt like we had all creation to ourselves. It may look like the sun is way up, but it was about 6:40am.
We are grateful that some of our friends could come, sorry for the wildly inconvenient timing. Our daughter wanted very much to be baptized on her birthday, and we very much wanted our middle son to attend (he was leaving on tour just a few hours later). Crazy-early was our only choice that solved all the problems.

My wife spent probably too much time preparing the cinnamon rolls, which my Mom then cooked and brought in the back of their car. But they were a delicious way to bring the morning to a close.
We believe in baptism by immersion, and I am grateful we were able to take full advantage of living so close to the Susquehanna river. I am glad for my daughter's joy in making her covenant of baptism.

No comments: