Monday, April 19, 2010

7670 Days!


That's how long I've been married. It looks like a big number. It's close to 1/3 of an average lifespan. But having lived those 21 years myself, it doesn't seem like it's been that long.

I love playing games with time. I married young, something I account as one of my great fortunes. Later this year (in 114 days, Wednesday August 11th to be precise), I will pass a delightful point. On that date, I will have been married for exactly 1/2 of my life. Past that point, the balance will forever tip in the direction of my marriage.

For me, that's not just a cute image. Marriage is the fulcrum at which eternity balances. It is within the confines of my marraige that my worth as a man, as a son of God, is determined.There is nothing I want with greater fervor and intensity, than to do right by my marriage covenants.

I love you Jennilyn. Happy Anniversary

1 comment:

Emmalyn said...

Happy Family Bday!