Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Want . . .


World peace.

A clean kitchen.

A houseful of people who also want a clean kitchen, so they will clean it whenever they go through the room.

My wife to do her housecleaning naked.

Better curtains for all of the windows.

A big flat panel TV.

Time to watch a TV.

Time to play computer games.

Better snow boots for me and the kids.

A really great job that I looked forward to every day that I could take the train to and from.

My kids to take school seriously, and find classes that they love.

People to just be a little nicer to each other.

My boiled eggs to peel without damaging the egg.

A new snow shovel.

More snow next year. Seriously. But only on Friday nights so its cleared by Monday morning.

George R. R. Martin to finish his Ice and Fire series before Brandon Sanderson has to do it for him.

A subscription to a Cable or Satellite provider that comes with a TiVo-branded DVR.

To lose more weight.

My children to all come home safe, every time.

To be a little more fearless.

Each of my kids to marry in the temple.

More chances to dance with my wife.

My cars to functions flawlessly.

I want everything. I know I can't have it all, so I either prioritize and focus on the things I want most, or dither, and get none of it.

I want to believe that I what I want most is world peace. But the fact is, my kitchen floor is mopped while the world has not achieved universal calm. I suppose my priorities are revealed in my deeds, not my wants.

1 comment:

Jennilyn said...

What a great post! I want almost all those same things, too. But add more windows!