Friday, April 16, 2010

Job Hunt update

I'm still looking! Some days, it's hard to look. Easier to surrender to the daily burden of chores, kids' appointments. There is always one more basket of laundry to put away.

The interview some of you heard about a few weeks ago for the moving company went well, but they've given the job to someone else. I had a great phone conversation with a former executive from my working-for-Maryland days, wherein he expressed delight at being a reference. There are some upcoming job openings in local government that I hope to drop his name.

I am working part-time pulling documents from the Baltimore County Circuit Court. Maybe I will blog a little about some of the more interesting cases. They are the original filings that subsequently go to Maryland's Courts of Appeal; lawyers often like to see the info and memos which are the basis for the appellate rulings. The income has been enough to disqualify me for unemployment, which is notable, in a faint-praise way. Yay me.

Called back to work the census starting in May. Jennilyn predicts I will be doing quality control follow-up of NARFU (Non Response Follow-up) canvassing.

Life continues. I stand by the statement I've made many times over the past few months. Given the dreadful cost of life's infinite variety of hardships, I would rather my life's stress be losing my job, than any of the other major disasters people face.

We are healthy. Grateful for our friends prayers and well-wishes.

3 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Watching "Annie" last night on stage you leaned over and said, something about "It could be worse" no pot for the chicken, something, something. We will keep praying, doing what we can.

landbeck said...

Yes, we are not yet hammering our house together with scraps of lumber and cardboard boxes in a Hooverville!

Jane Babcock said...

We will continue to pray for job finding success.