Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Grateful for Grapefruit!


We voted today! And went on a breakfast date with a gift card (given to us a year ago when I was newly-unemployed; thanks to the anonymous friend!). I ordered grapfruit juice with my eggs and hash brown caserole.

And was filled with a glowing sense of nostaglia for the times I had gone to breakfast with my Dad as a young boy. He's a fisher, and if you know fishermen, you know most of them are of the notion that for some reason it is best to get on the water before sunrise. Apparently the fish are easier to catch when they are sleepy...

I don't recall where in my childhood I became conviced of the idea that grown-ups drink grapefruit juice. But it stuck. To this day, it's still my favorite "plain" juice (I've come to really enjoy mixed juice cocktails).

So I ordered, and felt like a grown-up all over again. Thanks for the memories, Dad.

No comments: