Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Grateful for Sunrises

Growing up, my Dad would often stop and point out the beauty of sunsets. Going out to eat at Gabler's once when I was a lad, I rememeber Dad stopping on the way there and making us all take in the setting sky, how it lit the sky, for just a moment.

After graduating from High School, I spent a few days at the beach. My friends all thought I was a doofus for wanting to, but I woke up at dark:thirty to watch the sun rise over the ocean.

Ever since, it has been a personal delight to take in the sunrise. There are many great things about seminary being taught in our home, but one I am especially grateful for is that I get to see the sunrise nearly every morning. I love seeing the world first and new. Sunrise was when we had to do Roxie Jane's baptism, too (in order to accomodate a host of scheduling demands). What a wonderful time, having the world nearly all to yourself.



Whenever Jennilyn and I go on a trip, if we can, we get up to watch the sunrise together.




Here's a shot from our reunion trip when Jenni went on a walk with her Mom and sister. To watch the sunrise!

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

and sunsets. Beautiful memories.