Saturday, November 13, 2010

The "G" in "Gmail" Stands for "Grateful"


I suppose this is sort of a product endorsement.

I am grateful for gmail.

I am grateful to the online friend that gave me an invite when it was still in beta-testing so I could early-adopt my lastname at gmaildotcom address. And then I could invite my kids in, too.

I'm grateful for the online calendar that we can all see, all update, all reference for upcoming events and scheduling. When the orthodontist gives me a little reminder card of the next appointment, I just it put on the google calendar and throw it away. When I pay a bill online, I make an entry on the google calendar with the amount and confirmation number on the date it will process.

I'm grateful for Blogger's accessibility that allows me to do this. And to see my kids' pictures/posts from BYU.

I'm grateful for the online doc of family info that is easily updated by every member of the family, so I can always find their new address or cell phone number quickly. We use it often when sending things to Emma and Stewart at BYU this semester.

I sort of vaccilate about using google maps (because there are other online map sources that work as well). But I've used google maps a lot, and I am grateful for them. Even some of the streetview funnies I have seen.


Technology is frustrating, wonderful, time-saving, time-wasting, useful (or not). I'm grateful for the ways it unites us.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

I'm glad you are keeping up your family addresses.

Jane Babcock said...

I mean grateful.