Sunday, November 14, 2010

I'm Thankful for Church


Today I am thankful that it is early in the morning. We are the only congregation that meets in our building (some places in the world, as many as 5 different congregations will share the same facility, staggering their meeting start times from 7am to late in the evening), and that makes some people wish we started a little later.

Not me! I am glad to have the rest of Sunday to meet with family, to do things. Although I am glad we live 8 minutes away...

I'm thankful to teach and to be taught.

I'm thankful for friends to greet and be greeted by.

I'm glad my children have responsibilities at church, things they are expected to do.

When we travel, we go to church wherever we end up on a Sunday. Usually, that is with family. But occasionally, that has been in strange places. The habit matters to me, and I am glad that Jenni and I both feel the same way about it.

I am thankful for the freedom to worship, for a country that takes that freedom seriously.

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

Even with only one branch in our building and a 10:00 starting time, there are always people who wish church started earlier or later.