Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Grateful for Trips

I love going places. Love anticipating going there, it's exciting. Looking back on having been there, it's the sharp, sweet sting of nostalgic longing.

Jenni and I go to the temple a lot. We go to temples when we travel

And when we are home. We try for once a month.

We go places to take awesome pictures (here at the sunflower fields a few weeks ago).

And take pictures when we go awesome places (here are Stewart and Emma waiting for the shuttle launch at Cape Canaveral).

Sometime the kids go places without us, and send us pictures (I love the Russian hat, the Texas shirt, while on a tour of mainland China).

Sometimes we visit somewhere close to home (we've missed Kilgore Falls since moving to southern Harford County).

We are grateful for friends with pools we can take trips to visit during the summer.

And we are grateful for the memories we make when me take trips as a family.

I love the winter, love the snow, but I look forward to going to the beach again next year.

I want to take Jenni to Europe, to Paris. I want to spend some time on a tropical island somewhere (the Maldives, maybe, before they disappear when the oceans rise?).

As long as I can travel with loved ones, or at least return home to them, I will enjoy the trip.

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

Ah, what variety trips bring to our lives. They are reminders of how much we have to be grateful for.