Monday, November 15, 2010

I Am Thankful for Camping!


It's not been often enough, but sometimes we go camping as a whole family. I guess technically we "camp" much of the time when we go visit family. Last summer we went on a one-night cabin camp out.


Stewart and Steve have been room-mates before this year.


Daycamps, too. Most of the time, our camp outs have been tied to Scouting activities.


I am often impressed with the willingness of the boys to get out and do things in all kinds of crummy weather. This was the camp that we set up in the rain.


Our boys have grown up camping. I hope they have enjoyed it as much as I have.



This is always what the car looks like on the way home. Exhausted campers.


I don't often have the chance to appreciate how beautiful the world is, but camping takes us away from many of the things that make us so busy. I am grateful for the perspective.


The photo I used for my blogger portrait was from a camp in New York a few years ago. It was an amazing sunset.


I was glad this year to go on a few camps with all three boys. I'm not sure when the next time that will happen.

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

I am thankful for camping memories and that I'm not camping now.