Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful for Stars and the Night Sky

I've been thankful for Sunrises and for light, I hope it's not splitting hairs too finely to be grateful for others suns and their light as well...

I can't remember when it was my star-gazing switch got flipped. But I love looking at stars. I have never been disappointed by a single meteorite, never had a >meh< experience with a lunar eclipse, have never failed to wonder at the glory of the heavens in their nocturnal splendor.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork." Psalms 19:1


There are few more delightful memories in my adult life than the night my daughter saw the moonbow in the sky after a ride home from Baltimore.

If anyone else is interested, I am planning on going to watch this. Someday I hope to take an astronomy vacation.


In the meantime I will be watching all the meteor showers I can get.

1 comment:

Jane Babcock said...

It's good to be thankful for both light and night.